Questioning Everything

One learns about themselves by questioning themselves. I'm here to learn.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Memories

Question:
Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

Answer:

The immediate answer that came to mind on this one was to never make new ones, because we are defined by our past.  I also had read it right after answering the previous question, so that whole idea was still fresh in my mind. 

However, upon further deliberation, I decided that I would rather lose all of my old memories.  I think that it would be impossible to go on living with anything that resembled a "good" existence if I could no longer remember anything new.  I would never be able to grow.  I would be stuck at that point, and would never go any further, so again I ask: "What would be the point?".   If I could only make new memories, and remember nothing of the past, at least I could reinvent myself, and move forward; continue on. 




Question found at:  http://sobadsogood.com/2012/05/28/30-questions-that-will-change-the-way-you-think/

0 comments:

Post a Comment